We’ve all heard it “can” happen. You may have even considered the possibility when changing a button battery in one of your kid’s toys. But no parent ever really thinks it “will” happen to them.
Reality check: Nearly 12,000 children have swallowed button batteries since 2005.
Brianna’s story may make you consider getting rid of any toys with a button battery in your home. Her parents had no idea her low grade fever was actually due to battery acid eating though her insides.
Read More From NY Daily News:
On Christmas, Brianna Florer was a bouncy, joyful 2-year old. Two days later, she was dead.
Our hearts break for little Brianna’s family. We only hope her story can save others.
If you’d like to send a message to Brianna’s family or help with funeral expenses, you can visit her family’s GoFundMe page.